MAYOR OF TOLEDO
Email the Mayor.
(photo courtesy of The Blade)
As Mayor, I’m working to provide citizens with more accurate and timely information; to be accessible in person at community meetings and through email; to communicate clearly about what can and cannot be accomplished with available resources; and to encourage collaboration so that we can accomplish more by working together.
If there’s an issue we need to hear about, we hope you will let us know by using the Engage Toledo Mobile App or by calling 419-936-2020.
Informed communities are better able to participate, provide meaningful feedback on programs, and take part in meaningful conversations. To stay in touch, I hope that you will refer to this page for monthly updates, “like” the City of Toledo FaceBook page, and sign up to receive Text Alerts through the link on our landing page.
Stay tuned for more information regarding when I will deliver the State of the City Address at which time I will be providing a full report on progress made on my four major priorities briefly outlined below and plans for 2017.
Protect our water supply
- Invest in water treatment plant upgrades
- Work with partners to improve our source water in Lake Erie
- Construct projects that improve quality of water returned to the watershed
Maintain safe, livable neighborhoods
- Ensure the health and safety of citizens with highly trained police and fire & rescue personnel
- Maintain roadways throughout the City based on available funding
- Remove unsightly abandoned structures in conjunction with the Lucas County Land Bank
Increase government efficiency
- Direct the activities of the departments to provide optimal delivery of public services
- Maintain the financial health of the City through strong fiscal management
- Use outcome-based budgeting process to ensure highest priorities are funded
Diversify our economy
- Promote industrial and commercial development in Toledo in concert with the State of Ohio, Lucas County, Toledo Regional Growth Partnership and The University of Toledo.
- Collaborate with other entities to provide citizens with employment opportunities
In the meantime, I wish you and yours a peaceful and blessed New Year.
-Mayor Paula Hicks-Hudson